Swhatimtalkinbout

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricane Katrina




Katrina is coming to visit my home. I wish she wasn't, but I'll be staying to say hi, along with the things most important to me:

• my girlfriend
• my dog
• a boat
• my sword

90% of the people here should leave, but I am certain of my safety in my company's place (see a post below about the third floor penthouse). Stay tuned to my blog and I'll post pictures as I take them.

Click here to view the most updated, reliable (in my opinion) tracking of the storm, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My good friend Michael, please get out. Sure, this is an act of courage (and laziness to pack up and go) on your part, and I admire that...kind of. But a lot more people in this world love you besides that short list of yours and don't want to see you under water like the rest of New Orleans. We'll all be praying for you and the rest of the city, but testing God is not something I'd recommend. We love you buddy, stay safe and PLEASE, consider keeping yourself around for a while longer!!

Your good friend,

Chris

12:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all those concerned about Nix, we spoke to him this morning (its Sunday) and him and Brenda were driving to Atlanta, so he should be OK. Lets all hope that this is not as bad as it looks on TV.

Kevin

9:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Kevin, I've been trying to call him, but the lines were down.

10:11 PM

 
Blogger tlyons said...

I’m a student at Elon University working on a project about radio during Hurricane Katrina. I was wondering if you could recall any specific use of radio before, during and after Katrina and how important radio was in the overall event.

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home